Monday, January 26, 2009

Dreadlocks Journey

I am start my locks this year for the first time. I got my hair twisted during the Christmas break, and I super excited about it. Before convincing my parents to let me do this, I had to first look up information about dreads history, the stages, and the maintenance. Basically, to help further my understanding about locks before i start them. My goal length for my hair is about to my shoulder, which will take about 2 years or less depending on how fast my hair will grow.

This journey isn't only about hair. It is also an emotional and spiritual journey as well. Emotional because dealing with this type of hair style you need to be very very patience. I don't have a lot of that when it come to other things like school work, friends, and family. So this will be a good thing for me. At the same time it is a spiritual one because I want to get closer to God, and not to worry about relationship and stress because if i put trust in Him everything will be alright, like the song :). To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your hair to get long :) I think it's cool that you are looking at doing your hair as an opportunity to better yourself and not just look sexier :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good that you want to get closer to God but remember God is always there. I need to get closer to God too. Maybe we could do it together. I always thought if I got dreadlocks I could have my hair grow longer but someone told me that it doesn't make your hair grow. They told me when your ready to take out the dreads you have to cut all of it off so I decided not to get them. Is that true. I used to want to shave my hair all the way off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yea it is good that your trying to get closer to God. I think dreads are so cool...So I say go for it...you will def. stand out

    ReplyDelete