Friday, July 1, 2011

Argentina is out ,Graduating is out ...say what?

Hey folks,

I know I haven't written a blog in like 3 weeks but I wanted to wait until I had something good enough to write about. Oh, man do I have something to talk about hahaha.

So last Sunday, Texas State finally announced how much financial aid all the students would be getting. I was very excited once I received that email saying it was finally in (I thought to myself YEESSSSS). All my excitement plumped when I logged into my account and noticed I only received a Federal Parent Loan which my parents NEVER qualify for. So, this basically meant I wasn't awarded any other aid money...I had no way for paying off the rest of my Argentina program so that's out. This also meant I have no aid for next semester so that means graduating fro Texas State is out.

These are scary, very scary realizations and thoughts in my head. I was in shock for a good while. I was pretty much down all hours of the day. Until, we finally spoke to the director of the financial aid which happened to be the same lady I was conversing with about my aid and API program payment plan. She remembered and explained what the real deal was about not receiving aid. She explained that I had reached my borrowing limit! (Oh gosh, I thought students don't reach that until their 5th/6th year of college).

She went into detailing about the situation and basically said that since my parents were being denied that Parent Loan, I was able to get more money. That also meant I was approaching that borrowing limit faster than the average student. She was graciously able to move around some numbers and long story short I have federal aid to use now! Wooot oh yeahhhh sweeeeet!!!! Now, this study abroad trip is on and graduating on time is on! This was a total blessing and I'm so thankful to God that everything worked out maybe not how I envisioned it but the nonetheless everything turned out alright.

I had prayed about my money situation since Texas State told everyone that went weren't going to know our aid till late June. When it finally came in I was down but not as much as I thought I was be. My Nana said it best "If you had prayed about it Jameson, don't walk around here acting like God is not going to see you through. Smile because everything out of your hands and in Gods." I love her...grandmas always know exactly what to say :^)

Today is my birthday and finally got to post this hahaha Happy birthday to me!
check yall lata!!

No comments:

Post a Comment