Sunday, February 8, 2009

Music to feel...


So one of my great closest friend at Texas State gave me some music. I believe we feel the same about music. That the words are great but the beat and melody and harmony of the instruments is the amazing part. Those are the parts that shake your soul to the core. A person can not just hear the song, on the contrary a person must listen to the song. I am this way with hip-hop and soul music. For instance, like Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Mos Def, Common and many others.

Lately, though my taste in music is more indie and alternative punk like recent music is Small Leaks Sink Ships ( is amazing) listen to it now! There is Spoon, Damien Marley, Damien Rice, and Santogold ( if you like M.I.A you will love her). Music like this makes me feel like I should be out adventuring around in other countries and culture. Brazil, Africa, Spain, many islands in Caribbean sound pretty fun to visit right now. I believe is college is a good time to experiment with music and travel; basically to find yourself and your own worth in the world.

"Playing music or concerts are creating moments... recording music is perfecting the moment..." Erykah Badu

2 comments:

  1. i completely agree! i think u should listen to chamilionare. its good stuff

    ReplyDelete