Thursday, September 22, 2011

The 14th Lama




That's right peeps I got to go see the Dalai Lama last Wednesday Sept 14 at 10 am and I still made it to school on time!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

This is actually his fourth time visiting Argentina. The talk I went to was called "Encontrando la Felicidad en Tiempos Difíciles" or in english : "Finding Happiness in Tough Times". If you didn't know he is the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet.

His comfy chair on stage!

People crowding in!!

Yes, I was super excited and lucky to be able to see him speak in Luna Park.
The only things I knew of the Dalai Lama were that he is a Tibetan spiritual leader and a laugh that makes you laugh. I didn't really have any expectations but I thought it would be a really neat experience. I also can say now I've seen him in person too (not many can do that). However, I hoped he would say something so profound and he did say a few things that I thought to myself (wow, I've never approached a situation like that).

Something I read in the Clarín newspaper article is that the official translator of the Dalai Lama, Gerardo Abboud, is from Argentina and loves milanesas! Also, you would think the Dalai Lama knew a bunch of language...well, he may but Spanish is not one of them. He spoke English to us and Gerardo translated in. In addition, I was looking at the crowd of people and I saw a lady signing to a group of women but she wasn't signing English, she was signing Spanish!!!!! How cool is that! (I didn't get a picture of her but still pretty awesome)


Patrick and I waiting for the Lama to arrive. We were pretty close too!

Finally on stage!!!!

"What is the purpose of our life? is to be happy... From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being." - Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment