Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lujan Zoo...where I can feed leones, tigres y osos! Oh my!

That's right.

I went to the Lujan Zoo which is about 2 hours out from Buenos Aires which is semi-famous for letting a person literally...feed, pet, and play around with the animals. I kid you not!

I met up with some friends: Scott, Caitlin, and Patrick at Palermo Zoo in Plaza Italia then from there we had to go across the street to buy a ticket for a round trip to Lujan and back to Buenos Aires. The ticket all together was 20 pesos (Awesome). Then we waited to catch the 57 bus and got at about 12:15pm. The ride about an hour and 50 minutes but a person also has to work in how many bus stops we take to pick up/drop off people.

Once we finally got there, my only thought....
"Pet tigers, feed an elephant and played around with some lion cubs=
This will be INCREDIBLE"

Jealous yet? Check out the pictures!
First we visited some tigerssssss :^D


Then the sea lions... presh.

King of the Jungle....kind of sleepy = big kitty haha.
Soooo can anyone find Bambi? Yes, we saw deer...lots of them.
I held an egg.... wow.

In that same area at the Zoo, some bears were fighting.... or more playing in their eyes.
I know crazy right?!?!? We ended up getting to feed the bears with our mouths which means everyone gets a wet and sloppy kiss from him.

AWWWWWW...it was really like WOW bear, you gave me a lot of tongue! Are you French?

We only got to do this because my great friend Krissy and Paul told us what time it started!
Sooooooo kudos to them!

Monkeys! This fool tried to take my camera when I was feeding him...trifling haha.

Toucan Sam!!! I didn't know you got locked up... dang.

Albino peacock was quite beautiful. I'm just saying if you don't have color you're beautiful also.

CUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBSCUBS :^D

YES, I said cubsssss so cool. These cubs were right next to the turtle village I didn't get to take pictures of but that was awesome as well!

Next, we got to feed an elephant! Can you say you've done that? Probably not.
Some of my peeps (Myself, Patrick, Scott, and Caitlin...oh and the Elephant). After that we sat around for a little bit before we had to catch the bus back into Buenos Aires!

No comments:

Post a Comment